Tips for Caring for a Puppy. If we have a new member at home but don’t know how to start taking care of him, it would be great to have some helpful tips to get you started.
There are a few things clear: The main thing is to provide ourselves with everything necessary to be able to take care of it, in addition to taking into account that it is suitable for us (for the fur, the climate and where we will have it). Here I leave you a list of tips to take care of your baby puppy!!
Here are tips for caring for a puppy
1. A walk-in that is comfortable and soft
2. Water bowls or cymbals (one for water and one for food) preferable metal
3. Food and treats for good quality puppies
4. A harness and a strap
5. Cleaning kit: bristle brush, towels, dog shampoo… Etc.
6. Puppy dog toys
7. Give him small portions of food, and depending on his age:
- If you are between 6 and 8 weeks old – 4 times per day
- Between the 12 to 20 weeks – 3 times per day
- If you have 20 or more weeks – 2 times a day
And there are still more tips
8. You should always have clean water in your bowl so you can drink whenever you want
9. Try to have a safe environment, avoid totally having dangerous things like:
- Dangerous plants for them such as: lilies, clover, dedalera, yeowe, rhubarb…
- Plugs, achievable cables and other tangles
10. Choose a veterinarian and take it for the first time: it will prescribe the medicine to deparate it and tell you when to vaccinate it for the first time and the next ones
11. Wash once every 3 weeks approximately (do not wash more often)
12. They must sleep at least 6 hours a day and should not disturb them as long as they do
13. Cleans your food bowls and water every day, for your health.
14. It is good to clean their eyes with a cotton remover disc soaked in water or warm chamomile whether they have gauze or not
15. Training him from puppy is the best thing: to compensate him with awards, praise or caresses when he does something right, and when he does something wrong to say in a strong tone words like “NO” or “Bad boy” things that he associates that is not right. Give him time and play with him every day.